Ainaro – New CAC Commissioner Dr. Adérito Tilman made his first visit to the Ainaro district to educate members of the Timor-Leste Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI-TL) and the public on how to prevent and combat corruption in Timor-Leste.
The workshop on “The Private Sector’s Role in Strengthening National Development; a Corruption Prevention Context” – part of CAC’s outreach program – was held at the Agriculture Ministry offices in Ainaro on Tuesday (5/8). The same event will be held in Manufahi district on Thursday (7/8).
More than 50 local businessmen under the CCI-TL organizational umbrella gathered to learn new skills to prevent corruption that will help them to play an important part in the fight against corruption in Timor-Leste.
“CAC will continue to build its presence in all districts across the country to inform the public about its role and how you can participate in nation building without bribery or corruption, but with honesty and transparency,” Commissioner Tilman told workshop participants.
As government partners, it is important that the private sector identify and know how to stamp out bribery and corruption so development within the country occurs in a transparent and dignified manner.
This is consistent with CAC’s 2014-18 Prevention Plan, which focuses on four priority areas including procurement. The other three prevention priorities are the decentralization of local government power, customs and political will.
Commissioner Tilman was accompanied by Deputy Commissioner for Prevention Manuel Bucar and the Director of Prevention, Abrão Jose Freitas. (*)
This post is also available in: Tetum
- CAC Rekruta Asesor Nasional Nain Rua
- CAC is Recruiting Two National Advisers
- UNODC Halao Treinamentu Loron Rua Kona-ba Economic and Financial Crime ba Investigador CAC
- UNODC Conducts a Two Days Training on Economic and Financial Crime to CAC Investigators
- CAC-MCIA Realiza Debate Loron Ida Kona-ba Rezultadu Peskiza Fundus Subvensaun Públika
- CAC-MCIA Hold a One-Day Debate About the Results of the Research on Public Subventions